All Busy Bags are available for order at just $3 per busy bags of your choice + shipping.
BusyBagKits are $20 each + shipping.
Please email to inquire for purchase.
You are your child's best teacher! Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Ideas, smi-deas.... a little history on Busy Bag Central....

The hope for this blog is for it to become a centralized 'meet-up' for other crafting moms as well as being an 'idea-central'....a go-to place when we, as moms, are feeling idea-less and need encouragement for things to do with crafts with our little ones.  

You're invited!
You're invited to leave feedback, to idea-share, and we may even have guest posts!  The product-selling side of this is only for those who don't have the time or resources to create these crafts.  I've read post after post in other mom-blogs of those who wish they could have these but found that it can quickly become expensive if you don't already have lots of craft items at home (which is true for us!).
I also read posts from moms who wish they knew of a nearby Busy Bag Swap (or those who missed entering a swap) and they all wanted a way to buy these bags. Thus, the feature of being able to buy the Busy Bags from this site is really only an enhancement to our idea-sharing.

The Why........
The reason I have become so passionate about these activity bags is because I don't feel like I know what to do with preschool-aged kiddos. My mom wasn't a stay-at-home mom and 99% of my close friends aren't stay-at-home-moms.  I naturally don't know what to do with 2 and 3 year olds because I haven't spent a lot of time with them.....I adore babies and LOVE 5+ year olds but that inbetween age is hard for me.

As a young mom, I have spent a million-bo-gillion hours researching online for activities to do with my little boys and found very little on the internet.  I should clarify, I found a LOT on the internet, just not any one area with lots of ideas.   

When I quit the 'real' working world and my oldest son turned 2.5 yrs, we spent hours playing with toys and trucks and trains.  But as these activities became boring, I ended up feeling lost once I realized that my boy really doesn't naturally enjoy crafts or coloring for more than five minutes.  A year later and my second son was now ready to learn with us (at 1.5 yrs), I then realized that neither of them had developed skills for hand-writing or coloring in the lines or anything similar....and I became concerned since we are nearing kindergarten.  

Now that my oldest boy (4.5 years old) is in preschool and is required to sit through art class, his skill level is greatly improving at a very fast rate.  But with my 2.5 year old, he doesn't have the same learning style plus he doesn't seem to have the same attention span.  I've been using the Busy Bags with him for the last three weeks and one surprising benefit is that his ability to focus on an activity is already increasing!  I am so excited to use these regularly with my boys!

Guests.....
If you are new to this blog, feel free leave a comment or send me a message!  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment